Thursday, February 11, 2016

Food for Thought

          No pictures of food today just thoughts.  I know eating good food that's not heavy on the carbs and sugar can sometimes be a chore.  Take salads for instance.  Sometimes I begrudgingly eat salads.  It's not that I don't love salads, but because sometimes they can start to taste the same.  Today when I was eating a salad for breakfast.  Yes for breakfast.  (My husband left it on the counter, and forgot to take it to work.)  I was eating it and not paying attention to flavors or texture.  Basically I wanted to get it over with and move on the the next thing.  But I knew that was not good for me or my body.  So my body relaxed more and tried using my senses to really enjoy the salad that was before me.  It was much more tastier and much more enjoyable then just "getting it done."  Take time to enjoy your food.  Even if you have had that same food time and time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment